The Pa. State Police use a web-based computer application for which you must use a credit card to pay the fee. The results will not be mailed. You must return to the ePatch site and print your criminal history check results.
- Please follow the steps in this order.
Act 151 PA Child Abuse History Clearance (Fee: $8)
- Register with Cogent Systems (click here to go to the PA Department of Education-approved section, or call 888-439-2486).
- Print the confirmation page showing your Registration ID # (which begins with the letters "PAE").
- Report to an approved Cogent location for fingerprinting, and be sure to take the confirmation page with you (click here and see "Print Locations and Hours").
- After fingerprinting is complete, present the confirmation page the human resources office. If hired for a position, the human resources office can use the registration number to access your FBI results electronically.
Applicants now have two options when applying for the Child Abuse Report.
Option 1 - Electronic Application Submission: Click here to apply for the clearance online and pay the $8 fee via credit card. Creating an account and submitting your clearance application online will provide your results within 14 days, if your results cannot be processed immediately. Please make sure to print a copy for your records.
Option 2 - Paper Application Submission: Print the application and complete Section No. 1 of Form CY-113. Mail your completed application, along with a $8 money order, to:
ChildLine and Abuse Registry
Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
PO Box 8170
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8170
It will take about one month for the form to be processed and results returned to you.